Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is score do you expect a beginner to get in golf?

What is a bad, good or reasonable score for someone who has just started to play golf? This is on a 9 hole course.





Thanks in advance.|||As a beginner, don't even worry about or count your score. It will only depress you. Concentrate on the fundamentals like developing a good swing, making solid contact with the ball and enjoying yourself. Once your comfortable with this, then start counting your strokes. Don't expect to score well at first as it can take years to become a proficient golfer. Just have fun and remember to maintain your pace of play.





If you can afford it, sign up for lessons.|||I'm a beginner and it wasn't something I worried about but something I wanted to know. It is almost like naming a strange bird after looking it up in a field guide, after seeing this bird outside somewhere. You're taking the abstract and placing it into intelligible thought. I felt better when I knew my score. I knew where things stood and where I needed to go. It is easy to say "if you are a beginner don't worry about." well that doesn't answer the question does it? No. I can even assume you have been a beginner for awhile and want to begin counting strokes. You may feel more like a golfer. My score last week was a 63. Now that was a full length course with 18 holes owned by PGA Jeff Sluman. I only played the front nine. I did par a hole. It was a par four. However, knowing your score will show you how many strokes you can lose by having a good short game on the green. My goal for the summer is to two putt everything. That 63 contained a lot of four and even a five putt. That would be HUGE to eliminated a stroke or two off of every hole. Hope this helps.|||As a beginner you should not focus on the score. I recommend going to driving range before you start playing on the course. This should improve your swing and will prepare you for the course. Once you do start playing focus on improving your swing before looking at the score, otherwise it will really frustrate you. You can also try looking at some beginner swing guides at http://www.improve-golf-swing-now.com so you can learn how to properly swing the club without picking up any 'bad habits'. Remember practice makes perfect and you should be getting a respectable score in no time.





Good Luck|||Lol, ah i remember when i began golfing. The golf swing is such a foreign swing it takes a lot of practice to get right.


I used to get ecstatic when I made solid contact and didn't make a huge divot and still love the satisfaction of making solid contact and seeing my ball fly nice and straight.


Don't worry about score, just keep the ball in play and you'll enjoy the game.|||As you've just started, don't worry too much about the score, stressing about it will put tension in your swing and that will worsen your game.


If you must have a target score, aim for +2 on each hole (as an average, don't let one bad hole ruin the mood of a good round).|||If you actually play by the rules and break 60 that wouldn't be bad.





45-35


Enough Said!





Hook'em!!!|||40-60 it depends|||Give yourself a shot or two on par for every hole and play to that score

No comments:

Post a Comment