Saturday, December 17, 2011

How would you structure the learning environment when teaching older ladies to golf?

I have to teach a bunch of older ladies to golf, specifically how to long drive. There are a couple of them who are far sighted. How would you structure the learning environment so there will be no distractions when teaching them?|||I would teach the game the same I would for any age. I don't know how old these ladies are, but I am curious why you think they would be more distracted than any other age group. If they are going to be easily distracted during lessons it will happen when they play, too.





As far as being far sighted ask one to stand behind the other so she can help spot the ball.





I play with a lady who is 80 and she is the most focused player on the league when she is hitting.|||I would structure your lessons as a recipe for success and present the fundamentals as the ingredients in a successful golf swing. If you leave out an ingredient you won't have what you where trying to create so list the ingredients add them in the proper order and if you follow the recipe you'll have cooked up a well done swing.|||If it were me, I would make sure to incorporate a stretching routine before actually hitting the ball. A good set of videos of proper swings, along with some slow-motion demonstrations from you will get the point across, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment