Saturday, December 17, 2011

What are some ways to get focused and pumped before a golf tournament?

I'm playing my first golf tournament Monday and want to know some ways to get focused and pumped up before I tee off. Any superstitions you have before tee time? Or how do you prepare? Thanks.|||Becky you've got some pretty good advice here and all I'd like to add is that the only difference between a casual round and a tournament round is your score counts. Get to the course early and warm up by hitting balls on the range and finish by hitting some putts on the putting green. You will probably be a bit nervous and that's only natural but you'll soon see that the nervousness will be a good thing if you focus on the task at hand and try to hit one good shot after another. The nervousness will cause you to do a little more concentrating. When the nervousness wears off don't forget to concentrate on each shot and when you add it up at the end of your round I'm sure you'll have had a great day. Go gettem!|||You don't want to go to the golf course with a completely different mindset, mode of preparation, etc just because it's a tourney. I try to make my tournaments days as relaxed as my days out with my buddies. You don't wanna be out there on the first few holes with a larger amount of adrenaline and excitement than your body is accustomed to. The biggest mistake I see with my playing competitors is that they are blood, sweat, and tears with every shot right out of the gates. This usually leads to a terrible start and long day. The best way to learn to play tournament golf is through experience. You will eventually learn what is important to YOU in preparing to play. Good luck.|||You don't want to get pumped up. You want to remain as calm as possible, play one shot at a time, always establish a target to shoot at, play against the course and not your opponent.Before your match, hit several balls at the course's driving range hitting mostly irons, then hit the practice putting green after which you walk to the tee to greet your opponent.|||You just have to develop a game plan and play one shot at a time. I wouldn't get too "pumped up". I'd remain as relaxed as possible. That's my personality anyway. I'm not one to get overly excited, but I always look forward to playing golf. |||find out a set routine on the driving range.... say 25 minutes... then go and find out your favorite 10 songs... (this blocks out everyone else and gets you into a rhythm) and make a playlist on your ipod with just those songs and use the same routine for each day you play |||I'm not sure pumped up is the right thing for golf. Just keep to your routine and try to repeat you "good" swing. Good luck tomorrow.|||Just remember, "Drive for show. Putt for dough." I'd focus on course management and visualize the win.|||no but try to think of something that really pisses you off, get that certain felling and crush that white ball because its making fun of you

No comments:

Post a Comment