Saturday, December 17, 2011

What types of racism or discrimination have you experienced on a golf course, clubhouse or in a golf store?

Please do NOT respond if you have never experienced any type of racism or discrimination in a golf type setting.





I'm expecting little or no answers, because there's no such thing as racism in 2008, especially golf.|||To rokroulu- Nike made the Nike One Black on Black ball. A limited edition black golf ball. It was used at the FBR open 3 years ago. I have a few of them. Anyway, dude you have to be in a bubble if you think there isn't any racism in 2008. They keep talking about is the country ready for a black president. Hell he couldn't do any worse than the fool America voted in the last 8 years. I've experienced it in a golf store. I just couldn't browse at different equipment in peace. If I need help I'll ask for it. That's why I don't buy anything in a golf store anymore. I'll test it, but I'll buy it on line.|||Well I know most of the balls are White! Never seen a black golf ball hmmmm?|||This falls under discrimination. My father and I (who were upper-middle class) were excluded from a prestigious club because we were "almost poor." I wasn't offended, but I found it to be strange. I did however see african-american members on the other side of the gate, so it must've been purley economic.|||i was sipping some lemonade and eating roe when a lady said i didnt know the coloreds were out today then she asked could i tap:)|||I'm sorry, no, I haven't experiences racism at a golf course, but I have experienced racism as a whole. My first taste was when I was a kid, my mom worked at a day worker for people who owned their own businesses(well to do). She cleaned their homes ,raised their kids etc. Once she took us out to a Christmas party they were having, only to be told the next day, it would be best if you didn't bring your ***** children back here as they steal and rob and bring all their friends to steal and rob. This lady also told my mom, that it would be putting that neighborhood in danger.





My Mom quit and like to broke all the teeth out of her bosses mouth (she worked for her 30 years) of course the lady begged and begged for her to come back. It was a awful time for us. So no, racism is not dead I think it's just underground more. Sorry it didn't happen on a golf course, but I'm sure these people my mom worked for probably played on the golf course your talking about.|||My ex-wife and I were sitting at the bar at private golf club in Arizona. The bartender ask her to move down because women were not allowed beyond "the post." Needless to say this did not go over very well.|||Stubborn women that dont let the men play through on ladies day. Yes, they have a set block of tee times, but they go out there thinking that they own the course and dont let the faster-playing men go through. This is not really discrimination, more of a case of bad golf course etiquette. For some reason, they still havnt figured out the most important aspect of the game, which is respecting your fellow golfer by displaying proper course etiquette. Cmon ladies, you know its true.|||Years ago I used to have long hair. Went to a course to play one day and rented a cart which had a hole in the fiberglass on the front.


When I got done playing and was heading to my vehicle, the clubhouse manager comes running out and blames me for the damage to the cart. Of course, he said it wasn't damaged until I brought it back.


He says something about knowing he shouldn't have let a "long hair" on his course.


So yes, I've been discriminated against when I had long hair. I've got many other examples as well. I never let it bug me that much though. I just figure some people are narrow minded and/or stupid.





PS - Had cancer a couple of years ago and lost all my hair. I've had it short ever since it grew back and people treat me differently in general.|||I have noticed sexism. (1) men assuming the one woman in the group is holding up the foursome - it isn't me!!! My husband hits slices into the trees and I give him free drops just to speed things up so he will quit looking!!! (2) I have been hit on while teamed up as a single and when I had to get firm with the guy that I wasn't interested he turned really mean (3) Men assume I can't play and seem irritated when I show up at the first tee until I light up a smoke, grab my driver and knock the ball dead center and past theirs - from the whites (I am not arrogant - I cannot outdrive moderately to highly skilled male golfers - just your average Joe - I hit around 220 which isn't exactly pro-material but nothing to scoff at either) (4) when I walk into a golf shop and the salesman first asks me if I am looking for something for my husband and when I say no for me he tries to steer me to the ladies clubs - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH鈥? I HATE LADIES CLUBS AND CAN'T PLAY WORTH A SH** WITH THEM. (5) when men think they need to give me "swing tips" on the range and try to monopolize my practice time stroking their own egos or trying to hookup. I now just say "my PGA instructor has asked me not to accept golf tips from others but thank you". I used to say F%$%26amp;$*%26amp;!!!!! (6) I see the comment re woman not letting men play through - totally fair comment and I've seen it too with womens day - kills me. BUT MEN DO IT TOO!!! I was a single out on my own on the golf course and this foursome just wouldn't let me play through. I ended up sitting on the ground in the fairway getting a tan (for effect as well) while these old hacks screwed around out there|||I get discriminated because of my age. I am considered a kid, even though I am 23 and a good golfer. I get it from snobs the most when they ask me to help them carry their clubs to the course from their car. Who do these men think they are. Ive never worn a name tag or a course shirt, and then one even had the gaul to report me to the course manager, who then tried to fire me. I don't even work at the course, had never seen this guy, and he said "If You keep up this attitude with the members, You can kiss your job here goodbye."


As for all you in the grocery store, movie theater, outlet store, golf stores, and golf courses, just because a person is young does not entitle you to their services. It also doesn't mean that they work in or at your buying location either. Leave us alone and look for a nametag you senile fools. And don't get mad when we refuse you service because WE DON'T WORK THERE.


Ive also had a golf store ask me if my mom was going to pay for this for me and he wouldn't ring me up for my callaway FTI because he didn't believe i could afford it. My mom wasn't even with me. Needless to say i went elsewhere for my 550 purchase.


I would say that golfers are somewhat snobby all around and have no respect for the younger generation. It;s sad. remember, we will be the ones asked to pay your geriatric bill and for your retirement home. DONT MESS WITH US! WE ARE THE FUTURE|||When i was a junior......*sigh* keep bullied by those adults. Once they took my balls from the practice greens, they just smile and walk away, what can i do? I hope ill get better and kick their sorry buttock... :)|||i have had this really damaging experience when a black dude called me a honkin cracka...


it just twisted my underwear in a ball...


boy was i mad!!!!!


i mean com'on we was at a flippin golf course....so now i will neva caddy fo puff daddy again!


even though he is my illigitimate father!

No comments:

Post a Comment