Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is it legal for a baby to ride on a golf cart?

My parents are in a retirement community in FL, and they get around by golf cart. We are visiting my parents and am wondering if it is legal to hold the infants in the golf cart?





Obviously this is illegal in a car, but not sure what the law is on golf carts in Florida.





They will be 6 months old.|||I have in-laws in this sort of Florida golf-carts-everywhere area, and I saw lots of babes in arms. I did actually see a car seat in a cart and it made me giggle -- I can't imagine it is possible to strap a car seat to a golf cart in line with the usual safe car seat installation methods -- but I assumed the parent needed free hands to drive, so...





I would not worry about this. They don't exactly go at car speed.





(It's not "like a condo association" -- people go to shopping malls and restaurants on them)





"Are you blonde?" tr.: "I am a bigot"|||Some golf carts have seat belts but honestly you can't even drink a beer in a golf cart without it spilling all over the place. Plus, it wouldn't be up to a cop because it would be on a private course so it all depends on the committee board and owners of the property (and most likely they will say no anyway because they don't feel like having a lawsuit).





Add: It's like a condo association and the association board would have to rule on that.





Add: K- Are you blonde? They don't follow the regular laws of the land. Yes, it's its own community or town (and yeah it can having shopping malls, etc) but it's like a condo association because it has it's own rules that the Board/Committee make.





Add: K- Thank you for sharing a relevant fact about yourself.|||No one will stop you or say anything, I am sure. At the very least you might get a couple of stale looks.





My parents have a Gator terrain vehicle to get around their place and my daughter has been taking small trips in it since practically birth. As long as the adult is buckled in and holding the baby snuggly...I don't see it as a huge problem.|||I would assume if that's how everyone gets around, I would just bring them in their infant car seats and hold the car seats on your laps or seat belt the car seats in--most golf carts have seat belts.

No comments:

Post a Comment