Saturday, December 17, 2011

What does your handicap have to be to get a division 1 golf scholarship?

I cant see myself going to any other school besides the University of Maryland. Maybe I am in the wrong frame of mind but the only way i can afford it is to get a golf scholarship. I am a sophomore in high school and a 9 handicap. I am planning on playing in tournaments all summer as well as my next two summers before heading of to a college. How well do I have to shoot in these tournaments and how low does my handicap have to be??|||Yeah, what you need to do is go to a U of Maryland golf camp and get noticed. maybe Junior/ Senior year. Get that 9 way down and play smarter. Don't count out walking on then getting a scholarship.|||Just try to go to the IJGA, the International Junior Golf Academy where Tiger's coach, Hank Haney is the head instructor. It's a full academy with academics and house dorms. It's really expensive though, but look at information about it, they have 2 campuses, one in North Carolina, and one in California. Please check out information about it, the website is below in the sources.|||I'm assuming from the avatar you're a guy. You're going to need a handicap at least 2 or lower in that case.|||A D1 school will require at least a 1 handicap, with your average round around 70-74.

No comments:

Post a Comment