Thursday, December 15, 2011

How to prepare for the golf team next year?

Last year I tried out for the golf team and I don't know what happened. I was miserable. I just got a new set and it was the first time I played that course but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I am normally a mid 40's (9 holes, obviously) golfer but i shot a 60 (still 9 holes, unfortunately). I guess it was the pressure. I got a membership at the course over the summer and got my handicap down to a 15. I am trying out again next year and I don't want the same thing to happen. How should I prepare next year so I make it. By the way, the people he took shot from 41 to 46 on 9, if that helps.|||just keep practicing. practice a lot of short game. and try to play 9 every week or more often. you don't have to go everyday. just go often enough so you dont forget how to swing well. i would try to split up your practice time. 1/3 time full shots. 1/3 putting(even though it is boring). and 1/3 chipping and shots within 100 yard to a hole.


hope this helps. good luck next year.|||ok then, i've had the same thing happen to me (i was in 7th grade trying for Varsity with a chance to make it) i screwed up a round. luckily i was still able to make JV. the next year, i just went to the course everyday and played 36 holes everday and spent at least 1 hour on the practice green. everything clicked. playing that much lets you know what you need to do. and you will be very confident with your shots. oh yeah, always remember, if you hit one really bad shot, its not gonna be the end, you'll make up.


as a 10 grader this past season it wasn't really about making the team again, it was more about getting that #1 or #2 place on the team. and of course i start with a two 7's. but then, i just pulled myself to the side, calmed myself down, and went on to shoot i think a 39 i think.|||want I would do go to a open Field a hit nine iron over an over again .is there any open golf course go out an play I play yesterday an it was 38 it was cold but I keeping my game sharp|||It sound to me like you've already done what you need to do. You've taken the experience to heart, worked hard at improving and have gotten serious about your game. Use last year's try-out as a learning experience and go show `em what you've got!|||shoot 41 to 46 (for 9 holes obviously)|||I am not a big golfer, but here is a page on a golf school site with a bunch of free golf tips... videos, animations, etc.


http://www.sdgagolf.com/golf_tips.php





Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment