Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I improve my Golf swing without paying for an expensive instructor?

My dad took me out to play golf now im hooked!|||A couple places you can get books at the library that will teach you. Or head over to http://iqfuzion.com/expertgolf.php you will learn how to swing a golf club as good as the pros. They've got videos of some major pros who will teach you. I've used them to improve my handicap and now all my friends have been wondering how I did it. I dont tell them though lol I want to be better than they are, unfortunately they pay $50-100/hour for a golf instructor, good thing I didn't go that route.|||It's a long road to hoe... I did that for years, made good progress, but didn't think I was maximizing my potential. A few lessons with a local pro (not that expensive, one lesson is about the same as a round of golf) and I was more tuned in. I at least got myself a foundation for doing things on my own.





You could also join Golf Digest's "Make Me Better" program for free on their website. Download the program (Basic is free) record yourself swinging a golf club, send it to them, and have your swing analyzed. If you do the Advanced feature, you could pay to have it analyzed. It'd be faster, but not inexpensive.|||Unfortunately golf takes many years to learn. honestly i haven't had a lesson in years and the easiest way for me to reinforce good habits is to watch the pros. TiVo a tournament on the weekend. (watching an afternoon of golf is dedication in itself) players swings may be different but their basics are usually the same. video tape yourself at the range to see how bad your swing looks. compare and change. Also Golf Magazine gives some great pic by pic instructions from top professionals. i like kj choi's swing so i have his golf mag. issue in my bag for quick reference when i'm at the range.|||I don't think you can. I'm in the same boat as green_lantern right now and it's amazing how instructors can see what you're doing wrong and how to correct it. For example, my instructor told me my chin was dipped too low. My freaking CHIN. I didn't even know that it was a factor in my swing.|||I would recommend watching golf tutorial videos on the internet or reading books.|||Get someone who knows about the fundamentals of the golf swing to help you.|||perhaps you can have a look at golfshopping18.com|||read a book by a pro like slammin' sammy or fat jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment