Thursday, December 15, 2011

What are the negatives for a woman who continues to use golf drivers made for men?

I use a PRGR lady driver and have found recently that I hit much further and still straight with my husband's PRGR driver. However, I'm afraid that I may develop bad habits or any negative impacts on my swing if I continue to use a man's driver. What negative effects, if any, will using men's drivers/irons on a woman's golf swing or physique?|||If the shaft flex is right for you, you should be OK. Seniors (like me) and lady's (like you) require a shaft with more flex, cause we don't swing as hard/fast as young males (those were the days). If the shaft is too stiff for you, you won't come around on the ball in time and you'll either slice or push the ball a little more than normal. Since you stated you're hitting straighter with your husbands driver than with yours, I'd say the shaft flex is right. If you're looking for even more distance, I'd try switching balls to an 80 compression. I've gained about 15 yds. off the tee by dropping down from 90 to 80 comp. And don't that tick off the younger guys I play with when I blow by them with a ladies ball?!?! If you're interested in pure distance, try the Precept Lady Diamond, if you like a little softer feel (with distance), try the MC Lady. The MC Lady's scuff quicker than I like, so I have to change balls more often, but at $8 a dozen, who cares?|||This is your biggest problem?|||She'll become a lesbian.|||None, assuming you are tall enough to use it with the correct swing.|||your golf balls will itch|||Hello mouse





There are no negitives, the difference in mens and womens clubs are the length and weight.





Mens clubs are a bit longer and a few grams heavier.





It appears the only thing that can happen to your game is that its getting better since useing it.





Leon|||simply put,if you hit it good, no negatives...|||i would say whatever works best 4u, i think u should go to a golf shop and try out a lot of drivers and see what works best for u. i am thinking you need a more weighted driver, alot of men's drivers have more weight|||The only difference is that the womens are lighter than the mens drivers i suggest you keep using ur husbands driver|||There might be no negative effects. Men's drivers are slightly longer, possibly heavier (not always, though), have a heavier swingweight (how the club feels when you swing it), sometimes less loft, and have a stiffer shaft. In theory, you might have difficulty squaring the clubface at impact, meaning the ball would fly to the right, and you might have difficulty hitting the ball high enough. However, theory is not always reality. In my case, I am a 48-year-old female golf professional (actually, I'll be 48 tomorrow!) with a swing speed that in theory would put me in a senior shaft flex (between a men's and women's), but my driver has a stiff shaft and 8.5 degrees of loft. That's blows all of the theories. I hit it farther and with better control. The sales rep (also a golf professional) couldn't believe it. Go with what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment