Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I get static buildup out of a polyester blend golf shirt?

I have a polyester blend golf shirt that is loaded with static electricity when I remove it from the dryer. As I wear it throughout the day, the static charge gradually builds. It's plain annoying to hear the snap of the sparks all day and for the hair on my arms to be charged. I also hate how it clings to everything. Is there a good way to short out the charge so it acts like a regular shirt? Btw, I use fabric softener in the wash.





Thanks|||~~Try mixing a spray bottle with water and two tablespoons of liquid fabric softener. Shake well, (this makes wrinkles disappear too as an added bonus). Spray your shirt before leaving and you should have no more static. I forgot~ another trick that works really well is to put a safety pin somewhere unnoticeable on the shirt. It will also prevent static.~~|||You could try dryer sheets in the dryer when you are drying the shirt. Also try turning the temperature of the dryer down a notch. You could be over drying and that could be why the fabric softener isn't working on static cling. Also you could be drying it for too long. Those shirts don't take long to dry at all so if you are drying it with things that do take awhile then its probably dry long before the rest of the load. Try taking it out in about 10 minutes and hanging it to finish drying if its not dry.|||There used to be anti static sprays on the market.....haven't seen them lately as many people just rub a fresh dryer sheet over the clinging clothes. Missing that, I mist the clothes lightly. Water helps dispell the charge.





The fact the charge is building during the day isn't good. Once again, keep a dryer sheet handy, even dampening it a wee bit and rub over your shirt. Where you can do this? Good question....in the car? I'd probably deep six the shirt if it kept grabbing me. |||Use fabric softener and it is probably better to air dry instead of tumble drying.|||do Not tumble dry





hang them on the airer or outside they will keep the nice conditioner smell and wont have static.

No comments:

Post a Comment